Buy-in options to a small limited business

Home Forums Finance Buy-in options to a small limited business

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aemery
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,

I am looking to invest in a Small Private Limited Company that has been running for a number of years with one 100% owner. He needs a business partner and I’m happy to do this and provide c.£60k for 50% (we value the business at 120k). I’m really looking to put all this into the business thus providing much needed working capital. However, we are both getting hung up on the various options and the potential consequences as well as where the money should really go…to owner or the business.

Can you give me some pointers please?

Many thanks.
    Andrew

Jonathan Lea
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew

You’ll want to subscribe for new shares that the company issues, otherwise if the owner transfers existing shares to you the money will go to the owner and there will be a capital gains tax liability in respect of such transfer.

You will need a solicitor to guide you and help you complete the transaction. For all new potential clients and matters I currently hold a no cost and no obligation initial 20 minute call to discuss your requirements, things to consider and agree in principle different ways we can help you. I try to hold these calls at either 8:30 am or 9 am most mornings (and sometimes at midday) so as not to interfere with the demands of existing clients and work. This also tends to be a convenient time to speak to most people.

After this call we can then email you a scope of work, fees quote and confirmation of any other points or information mentioned on the call.

Please email me via the contact form to arrange.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.