Corporate and Commercial Solicitor
Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 04:53 pm
Alastair worked at international City firm Taylor Wessing before training with a regional firm in Sussex, worked as a corporate finance solicitor in Sussex for a further 9 months and then joined the Bahrain office of international firm Trowers & Hamlins where he acted for Middle Eastern banks in relation to multimillion-pound loan facilities. Since joining The Jonathan Lea Network he has managed his own caseload advising start-ups on corporate and commercial law as well as fundraising rounds.
Alastair’s main areas of focus are as follows:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Law
- Shareholder Disputes & Buyouts
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Contracts & Terms and Conditions
- Commercial Property
University of Brighton: LL.M. Law with Business (Hons)
Kaplan Law School: Legal Practice Course
In his free time Alastair enjoys going to the gym, playing tennis and badminton, attending rugby matches, skiing, scuba diving and travelling.
Over the last year Alastair has advised:
- A UK based leading, independent provider of specialist residential care for young people on a £8m share sale of the entire group.
- On several minority shareholder buyouts, including acting for a founding shareholder based overseas and subject to unfairly prejudicial conduct.
- An international construction company on commercial contracts with a particular focus on confidential information, intellectual property and data protection in light of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- On several large cross-border banking transactions, including acting for a Middle Eastern bank in relation to a $2.6m bilateral facility agreement and associated security documents.
- A Middle Eastern bank from an Omani law perspective in relation to a $2bn term note renewal and to a joint stock company owned by 17 Arab states in relation to a $50m senior unsecured bilateral facility to an international bank.
Linkedin: View Profile