Commercial Litigation Solicitor
Kash worked for a global construction company in London as a claims manager prior to training at a firm in Cornwall. After his training, he worked at a number of city law firms including global law firm Clifford Chance and US law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Mearghe & Flom on resolving complex high value disputes. This culminated in a 6 year stint at city firm Bircham Dyson Bell LLP (now BDB Pitmans LLP) where he rose to be head of the Africa Team before joining the Jonathan Lea Network.
Kash’s main areas of focus are as follows:
- High Court Litigation
- International Arbitrations
- Construction Contracts
University of Essex: Law LLB
University of Law: Legal Practice Course
In his free time Kash enjoys playing football, going to the gym, travelling and street photography.
Over the last year Kash has advised:
- a Nigerian oil company in ICC Arbitration proceedings concerning a claim for over US$300 million in connection with the purchase of an oil mining licence;
- a Ghanaian bank registering and enforcing Ghanaian judgements in England against UK assets of the bank’s debtors with debts of several millions of dollars owed to the bank;
- a property developer based in Saudi Arabia in a negligence and fraud claim for over £6 million against a firm of solicitors in Liverpool for failing to prevent the fraudulent transfer of his properties in the UK and in some instances procuring the transfers;
- on various construction adjudication proceedings concerning issues such as the determination of practical completion, validity of payless certificates and final accounts; and
- a major developer in respect of a multimillion-pound redevelopment project involving renovating a couple of buildings and constructing new buildings on the site.
Linkedin: View Profile