Junior Accounts Assistant
We are expanding our admin team and seeking a junior accounts assistant at The Jonathan Lea Network, to join us in June/July 2022. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic team player that is keen to build a career in a lively and friendly law firm.
Your starting salary will be £18.5k per annum, with full time hours Monday to Thursday 9am – 6pm and Friday 9am – 5pm. You will start with 22 holiday days per year. Benefits include a Christmas bonus, company away days and Christmas and summer parties.
Your new firm
The Jonathan Lea Network is a forward-thinking specialist business law firm. Since we hired our first employee at the start of 2018 our turnover has increased by more than 1000% and we
moved into a bigger office in November 2021 so as to accommodate more new joiners. We grew our turnover by over 125% throughout the course of 2020 despite the economic restrictions and
challenges faced by our clients. You can read a review of last year here.
We are poised for significant growth and are looking for someone who wants supercharge their career and make a name for themselves by getting in early and contributing to a fast-growing
new practice. You will benefit from the kind of experience not available at larger more established firms and will learn more, contribute more and grow personally and professionally in a way that
will exceed your expectations.
Our office is based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, 10 minutes walk from the train station.
By joining us you will never be just a number and will always have a full workload, but you will also be able to enjoy a healthy work life balance.
Your new role
The role is primarily assisting the Accounts Manager as well as some administration duties:
- Assisting the accounts department with a wide range of accounting tasks
- Assisting with invoicing and chasing outstanding debts
- Processing bills using Hubdoc
- Opening matters on Actionstep
- Checking consultant invoices
- Preparing standard letters
- Preparing post
- Scanning and photocopying documents
- Using the firm’s database to track documents stored offsite, e.g. Wills, LPAs, Deeds etc
- Recalling documents from storage, from time-to-time
- Supporting all our Consultant Solicitors as and when required
- Following the file closing process to ensure client files are dealt with correctly
- General office admin duties, shredding, tidying up the stationery/admin office
What we are looking for
Applicants should have:
- some good academic results
- an ability to work well independently and use your own initiative, but also react positively to close supervision
- a meticulous eye for detail
- high service and presentation standards
- a good team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and get on with the job
- strong organisational and time management skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an enthusiasm to take on new challenges and broaden your knowledge base and skills set; and
- an interest in developing your own career and a desire to work hard to meet targets
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, along with any other relevant information you feel would help your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org