Having trained at the highly regarded IP firm, Bird & Bird, she moved to the IP team at Osborne Clarke. Abby obtained a first class honours degree in biochemistry which led her to initially focus on advising clients in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors, but she has significant experience across a number of industries, including digital media and telecommunications.
Abby’s expertise covers a wide range of IP rights, including copyright, trademarks, database rights and patents. Her science background enables her to grasp new technologies quickly and understand the application of the relevant IP rights to that technology.
She is an experienced IP litigator and has broad experience working on patent, trade mark, copyright and database right litigation. She also provides strategic advice in connection with the protection and exploitation of clients’ IP assets such as advising on brand management issues or advising on patent portfolios.
Abby’s main areas of focus are as follows:
- Intellectual Property (Patent, trade mark and Copyright) Disputes
- Trade mark and brand protection
- Oxford University: Post graduate Diploma in IP law
- BPP Law School (GDL and LPC) (Distinction)
- University Bath: MBiochem (1 st Class honours)
Running and HIIT workouts. Travelling and exploring new places with my husband and two children.
- Advising on a broad range of Patent disputes
- Trade mark filing and portfolio advice for SMEs
- Trade mark opposition and revocation actions at the UKIPO
- Trade mark litigation at the English High Court
- Copyright protection and enforcement advice
- IP due diligence advice in corporate transactions