Corporate and Commercial Solicitor Position in Sussex
Last updated on May 26th, 2022 at 01:17 pm
Corporate Solicitor (NQ to 5 PQE +)
Location: Haywards Heath, Mid Sussex
We are currently looking for a NQ to 5 PQE + corporate solicitor to join us at The Jonathan Lea Network, a new fast growing law firm headquartered in Mid Sussex. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to rapidly advance their career within an entrepreneurial and positive culture. Previous relevant experience is preferred, particularly working within a corporate department focused on private companies.
The starting salary shall be between £40k to £70k per annum depending on a candidate’s previous experience. The role is office based initially, although the firm is open to agreeing flexible working arrangements with employees on a case-by-case basis.
Full time hours are Monday to Thursday 9am – 6pm and Friday 9am – 5pm. Benefits include a Christmas bonus, company away days and Christmas and summer parties.
Your new company
The Jonathan Lea Network is a forward-thinking full service, yet business focused, law firm that since it started trading as an SRA regulated firm on 1st May 2019 has grown by more than 1000%. We’ve recently moved into a much larger new office which is just a 5-minute walk from Haywards Heath train station to accommodate more new joiners in our retained team.
We also operate a successful virtual consultancy model and have several experienced self-employed solicitors working with us remotely. These consultants are both a great source of work for our employed fee earners, while they also enable us to offer a wide range of specialisms that help us attract and manage more complex matters which involve the interplay of several different areas of law.
Our clients include leading technology startups and high growth established owner managed companies across a range of industry sectors. Most are based in and around London, while our work is also frequently international in scope. As we become more established, we are also winning more and more local clients from the larger Sussex based firms.
Your new role
We are looking for someone who wants supercharge their career and make a name for themselves by getting in early at a well-run, fast-growing practice.
You will benefit from the kind of experience not available at larger more established firms and will learn more, contribute more and grow more, both personally and professionally, within a distinct entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
By joining us you will never be just a number and will always have a full workload, but you will also be able to enjoy a healthy work life balance and greater autonomy with how you manage your workload and develop your practice.
We are increasingly doing work for quality clients that established City and large national firms would be envious of.
The role is varied and encompasses most of what you would expect including (but not limited to):
- mergers and acquisitions;
- joint ventures and shareholder agreements;
- private equity/ venture capital;
- finance matters, restructuring and other mainstream company law matters;
- commercial agreements and terms and conditions; and
- intellectual property matters.
NQ to 5 PQE + in corporate and commercial law, whether within private practice and / or in-house.
Applicants should have:
- a good background in the relevant areas of law;
- an ability to work well independently and use your own initiative, but also react positively to close supervision;
- a meticulous eye for detail and an eloquent and precise way with words;
- high service and presentation standards;
- IT adroitness and social media savviness;
- a genuine passion for entrepreneurship, business and transactional work;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- the ability to calmly and humorously deal with a busy workload and demanding clients;
- an enthusiasm to take on new challenges and broaden your knowledge base and skills set; and
- experience in marketing, networking and business development activities.
If you would like to apply, please send us a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org