Junior Administrator Position in Haywards Heath, West Sussex
We are seeking to recruit a junior administrator at The Jonathan Lea Network, to join us as soon as possible from September 2022. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic team player that is keen to build a career in a lively and friendly law firm.
Your starting salary will be £20 – £25k per annum depending on experience, with full time hours Monday to Thursday 9am – 6pm and Friday 9am – 5pm. You will start with 22 holiday days per year. Benefits include a Christmas bonus, company away days and Christmas and summer parties.
Your new company
The Jonathan Lea Network is a forward-thinking business focused law firm that since it started trading as an SRA regulated firm on 1st May 2019 has grown by more than 1000%. We’ve recently moved into a much larger new open plan office which is just a 5-minute walk from Haywards Heath train station to accommodate more new joiners.
Our clients include leading technology startups and owner managed companies across a range of industry sectors. Most are based in London and around the South East, while our work is also often international in scope.
We are looking for someone who wants to supercharge their career and make a name for themselves by contributing to a fast-growing practice. You will benefit from the kind of experience not available at larger more established firms and will learn more, contribute more and grow personally and professionally in a way that will exceed your expectations. By joining us you will never be just a number and will always have a full workload, but you will also be able to enjoy a healthy work life balance if so desired.
Your new role
The role is varied and includes the following:
- Answering the telephone professionally, quickly and efficiently, and transferring calls or taking messages where necessary
- Preparing standard letters
- Preparing post and taking to the post office
- Scanning and photocopying documents
- Assisting with placing stationery orders
- Using the firm’s database to track documents stored offsite, e.g. Wills, LPAs, Deeds etc
- Recalling documents from storage, from time-to-time
- Supporting all our Consultant Solicitors as and when required
- Opening matters on Actionstep
- Following the file closing process to ensure client files are dealt with correctly
- Assisting the Office Manager with compliance tasks
- Carrying out legal research
- Assisting with accounting tasks and helping to manage invoicing and chasing outstanding debts
- Assisting with some marketing tasks, including management of social media accounts and some event organising.
- General office admin duties, shredding, tidying up the stationery/admin office
What we are looking for
Applicants should have:
- some good academic results
- an ability to work well independently and use your own initiative, but also react positively to close supervision
- a meticulous eye for detail
- high service and presentation standards
- a good team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and get on with the job
- strong organisational and time management skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an enthusiasm to take on new challenges and broaden your knowledge base and skills set; and
- an interest in developing your own career and a desire to work hard to meet targets
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, along with any other relevant information you feel would help your application, to email@example.com