Legal Secretary/Administrator Position in Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Legal Secretary/Administrator Position
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex
We are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary/ Administrator at The Jonathan Lea Network, to join us as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic team player that is keen to build a career at a fast growing and supportive law firm.
Depending on your prior experience, your starting salary will be between £25k – £32K per annum, with full time hours Monday to Thursday 9am – 6pm and Friday 9am – 5pm. You will start with 22 holiday days per year. Benefits include a Christmas bonus, company away days and Christmas and summer parties.
Your new company
The Jonathan Lea Network is a forward-thinking business focused law firm that since it started trading as an SRA regulated firm on 1st May 2019 has grown by more than 1000%. We are based in a large open plan office which is just a 5-minute walk from Haywards Heath train station.
Our clients include leading technology startups and owner managed companies across a range of industry sectors. Most are based in London and around the South East, while our work is also often international in scope.
Our firm is made up of a retained team of employed lawyers and administrative staff who work closely together within our central office, while we are also enhanced by a network of experienced self-employed consultant solicitors who are based remotely.
You will benefit from the kind of experience not available at larger more established companies in that you will never be just a number and there is a better opportunity to grow personally and professionally within a dynamic, friendly and entrepreneurial environment.
Your new role
The role is varied and includes the following:
- Answering the telephone professionally, quickly and efficiently, and transferring calls or taking messages where necessary
- Booking videoconference calls for the retained team
- Preparing standard letters
- Performing anti-money laundering and client due diligence checks
- Preparing post ready for collection
- Scanning and photocopying documents
- Assisting with placing stationery orders
- Using the firm’s database to track documents stored offsite, e.g. Wills, LPAs, Deeds etc
- Recalling documents from storage, from time-to-time
- Supporting all our Consultant Solicitors as and when required
- Supporting our Retained Team
- Opening matters and inputting data on our case management software system
- Following the file closing process to ensure client files are dealt with correctly
- Assisting with compliance tasks
- Carrying out legal research
- Assisting with marketing tasks, including management of social media accounts and some event organising.
- From time to time assisting with accounting tasks and helping to manage invoicing and chasing outstanding debts
- General office admin duties
What we are looking for
Applicants should have:
- some good academic results
- an ability to work well independently and use your own initiative, but also react positively to close supervision
- a meticulous eye for detail
- high service and presentation standards
- a good team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and get on with the job
- strong organisational and time management skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an enthusiasm to take on new challenges and broaden your knowledge base and skills set; and
- an interest in developing your own career and a desire to work hard to meet targets
- previous experience in a legal secretary role or professional services advantageous
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, along with any other relevant information you feel would help your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org