Paralegal Position in Sussex
Last updated on January 29th, 2019 at 05:16 pm
We are seeking to recruit a corporate and commercial paralegal at The Jonathan Lea Network, to join us in September 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has completed the LPC and is keen to build a law career in a business context.
Your starting salary will be £18-20k, but if we are happy with how things go we expect you to commence a training contract with us after a year and your salary to increase to at least £25k.
Your new firm
The Jonathan Lea Network is a forward-thinking specialist business law practice that works primarily in conjunction with the virtual firm The London Law Practice. Turnover and profitability have grown each year since we started in 2013, primarily off the back of a powerful blog that now generates around 300,000 page views a year and far more work enquiries than we can currently manage.
We are poised for significant growth and are looking for someone who wants supercharge their career and make a name for themselves by getting in early and contributing to a fast-growing new practice. You will benefit from the kind of experience not available at larger more established firms and will learn more, contribute more and grow personally and professionally in a way that will exceed your expectations. If things go well you can expect to significantly increase your salary and progress to a partnership role many years earlier than at a larger more traditional law firm.
Our office is based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, 10 minutes walk from the train station.
By joining us you will never be just a number and will always have a full workload, but you will also be able to enjoy a healthy work life balance. You will be able to live and work in an attractive environment and also benefit from close proximity to London (40 minutes), Gatwick (10 minutes) and Brighton (20 minutes). Ultimately, our location and set up also enables you to escape the high living costs, property prices, congestion, commuting hell, unhealthy environment and general misery associated with having to work and live in London.
Your new role
Our clients include leading technology start-ups, celebrities, media companies and entrepreneurs across a range of industry sectors.
Most of our clients are based in and around London, while our work is also frequently international in scope.
The role is varied and includes the following:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- investment rounds;
- SEIS and EIS tax reliefs;
- joint ventures;
- shareholder disputes and buy outs;
- commercial agreements and terms and conditions;
- intellectual property matters;
- employee and consultancy agreements; and
- company law and financial services regulation advice.
What we are looking for
Applicants should have:
- some good academic results;
- an ability to work well independently and use your own initiative, but also react positively to close supervision;
- a meticulous eye for detail and an eloquent and precise way with words;
- high service and presentation standards;
- IT adroitness and social media savviness;
- a genuine passion for entrepreneurship, business and transactional work;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- sangfroid and the ability to calmly and humorously deal with a busy workload and demanding clients;
- an enthusiasm to take on new challenges and broaden your knowledge base and skills set; and
- an interest in marketing, networking and business development activities.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, along with any other relevant information you feel would help your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org