Christopher Lawn has extensive experience with major Legal 500 firms including an award-winning firm in London’s West End.
With his wealth of knowledge, Chris now services the needs of private clients in and around London and the South East.
- Estate and IHT planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Probate and Trust administration
- Powers of Attorney and Deputy Applications
- Business Trusts
- Business Powers of Attorney
- Asset Protection using trusts, for Pensions and Life Insurance
- Insurance Backed Cross Option Agreements
- Contentious Trust and Probate matters
- Contentious Court of Protection matters
As well as holding an LLB(Hons), Chris has completed a Masters of Social Science in Economics after completing a Bachelor of Social Science in Economics and Psychology.
Chris originally trained and admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand before coming to the UK in the late 1990s, completing the transfer exams to be admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales.
Chris is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has completed both the STEP Diploma of England and Wales and the STEP Diploma of International Trust Management.
Chris is a fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly and has also completed the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Solicitors Diploma.
Originally from New Zealand, Chris has a keen interest in rugby. Chris also enjoys West Coast Swing dancing, theatre, running and skiing. More recently Chris has started to learn the piano.
Chris has recently:
- dealt with a German based client needing an English Power of Attorney;
- successfully defended an estate from the challenge of a disappointed beneficiary; and
- put in place double dip wills for wealth business clients.
Chris has also administered multi-million pound estates, including the administration of associated trusts and successfully applied to the Court of Protection for various forms of orders.