Senior Corporate & Commercial Solicitor
Last updated on November 24th, 2020 at 02:24 pm
Jonathan trained at international City firm Clyde & Co, worked as a corporate finance solicitor in London for a further three years and then joined a firm in Cornwall where at an early stage of his career he was responsible for his own corporate and commercial law caseload. After two years in the West country Jonathan moved back to London and worked for Bargate Murray, a small law firm focused on the superyacht industry, before then starting to work for himself.
Jonathan’s main areas of focus are as follows:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- SEIS & EIS Investment Rounds,
- Shareholder Disputes & Buyouts
- Technology & Intellectual Property Matters
- Commercial Contracts & Terms and Conditions
- Company Law & Financial Services Regulatory Advice
University of Bristol: BSc (Joint Hons) Politics & Sociology
University of Law: Graduate Diploma in Law & Legal Practice Course
In his free time Jonathan enjoys playing beach tennis and improving his world ranking, going on cycling trips in Europe, exploring the Sussex countryside and pubs, sea swimming and travelling off the beaten track.
Over the last year Jonathan has advised:
- An innovative packaging company in Wales on several rounds of investment, including monies raised from investors benefiting from SEIS and EIS, institutional investors and those based overseas.
- On several minority shareholder buyouts, including acting for the company and founding shareholders, as well as the shareholder whose shares are being acquired.
- A food startup company on the acquisition of shares from existing investors and a further investment in the company by a Saudi family office fund.
Linkedin: View Profile