Intellectual Property, IT & Media
Last updated on January 22nd, 2013 at 01:36 pm
We help protect and enforce intellectual property rights throughout the international IT and media sectors. Our team advise on designs, copyright, trademarks and patent law and are able to register and monitor intellectual property rights anywhere in the world. We understand the value of rights, both as assets to evidence value as well as to generate revenue, and also help clients to design and implement effective brand and intellectual property exploitation policies, both in the UK and worldwide.
As data in all its forms becomes the new currency of business and society we advise on how to exploit data whilst ensuring that personal information is protected and relevant regulations are adhered to adequately.
When personal and business brands are at stake we advise on handling the media, knowing when legal strategies can be beneficial, but within a broader strategic communications and public relations strategy.
Some of the areas we cover and services provided are as follows:
- Acquisition, exploitation and prosecution of IP rights;
- Brand hijacking, phishing attacks, cybersquatting, logo abuse, false claims of affiliation to your brand and typosquatters;
- Data protection, database rights and security;
- Design registration;
- Domain name registrations, acquisitions and disputes;
- E-commerce and e-marketing regulatory advice;
- Freedom of Information requests;
- Identifying and monitoring online intellectual property rights infringements and damaging content;
- Image rights;
- Patent applications and infringement actions;
- Privacy issues;
- Protection of trade secrets and confidential information;
- Social media and user generated content;
- Source code escrow arrangements;
- Take-down services and cease and desist orders; and
- Trademark applications.