Senior Corporate Solicitor
Last updated on July 16th, 2019 at 02:52 pm
Bryan is a consultant to the Jonathan Lea Network. He is a highly experienced corporate and employee share schemes lawyer providing commercial and client-focused advice to a wide range of clients across a wide range of sectors. Bryan trained in London at Memery Crystal Solicitors, worked as a corporate solicitor and partner in London for a further twelve years at Campbell Hooper Solicitors and has since acted as a consultant solicitor to a number of law firms and firms of accountants.
Bryan’s main areas of focus are as follows:
- SEIS & EIS Investment Rounds
- Reorganisations, Reconstructions, Buybacks, Capital Reductions and Demergers
- Shareholders’ Agreement and Joint Venture Agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Loan and Security Documentation
- Company Law Advice
- Partnership and LLP
- Employee Share Schemes specialist
- 1989-1992 – London School of Economics: LLB (Hons) Law (2:1)
- 1992-1993 – The College of Law, Lancaster Gate: Law Society Finals (First Class Honours)
In his free time Bryan is an enthusiastic ballroom and latin dancer attending weekly dance classes in Eastbourne, is a budding artist making mosaics and stained glass projects and used to enjoy singing (and hopefully will again one day) in an Acapella group. Between work and other activities, he enjoys general keep fit (when his back allows), walking, yoga and pilates.
Over the last year Bryan has advised:
- A sculptor and stonemasons’ business on the demerger by way of reduction of capital of its trade from its trade related investment and property businesses.
- The owners of a theatre based learning and development company on the sale of the company to key management as part of the owners’ succession planning.
- Numerous companies on their SEIS and EIS fundraising.
- Numerous companies on the grant of enterprise management incentive share options, non-tax advantaged share options and growth share arrangements to incentivise their employees or consultants.